The South Lake Fire Protection District is the third largest fire protection district in California and serves residents and property owners in a 286 square mile area.
In July 2001, The South Lake Fire Safe Council was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization for the purpose of helping residents and property owners within the South Lake Fire Protection District decrease wildfire hazards through fuel reduction and education.
Since incorporation the SLFSC has:
- Created a Supporting Membership Program
- Provided Low-cost Chipping to more than 1200 properties
- Created more than 11 miles of Shaded Fuel Breaks
- Presented Fire Safety Information to Elementary Schools
- Supported and Assisted local communities in becoming Firewise Communities
- Assisted the Volunteer Firefighters Reflective Address Sign Program
- Attended and participated in Community Events throughout the District
- Provided Fire Safety Information requested by Community Members
President: Julianne Lewis
Vice President: Theresa Peek
Secretary/Treasurer: Marty Englander